Sunday 12 February 2012

Becca Pressed Shimmer Powders - Gypsy & Odette

I do like the Becca UFO shape:)
The pressed shimmer powders I think were my first purchases from Becca, I was just drawn to the prettiness of the shimmer and I consider these to be more refined then some of the other shimmer powders in my collection as they are totally non-glitzy and not particularly frosty.

Becca Pressed Shimmer Powder - Gypsy

Gypsy is a very pretty mid-pink with a beautiful golden shimmer. When applied to the skin, the pink isn't as strong as it appears in the pan as the gold shines through the pink equally.
Sometimes I use this on it's own for a subtle pink/golden glow but I like to also apply this on top of other pink shades to intensify the colour.


Becca Pressed Shimmer Powder -Odette

Odette is warm bronzy golden shade that again looks darker in the pan but when applied looks more golden. This does give a little bit of depth so I kind of use it as a subtle golden bronzer.  This one I use more on it's own as I like the warm glow it gives to the skin.

Top - Gypsy, Bottom - Odette
I think that these are quite deceptive as they do appear a bit different from the pan, but I like the versatility in way they can be layered with other products to subtly enhance the tones in powder.

Becca have the Pressed Shimmer powders currently at 50% off as they are soon being discontinued, I'm hoping they will have an alternative to these as it would be a shame to see them go completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment